No matter how you feel or think, or what you do for a living, or even how you voted, chances are, if you live in the United States, you have a certain opinion of the new president, Donald Trump.
Heck, evidently people all around the world, even Antartica, have an opinion about Trump!
What if you are one of those who is feeling triggered by the new presidency?
Are you feeling anxious and depressed about next steps, concerned for your family’s safety, your healthcare, environment, and our Earth?
Believe me, it’s a thing.
Ever since the start of the election, I’ve been seeing a lot of patients in my private practice showing up with increased stress, anxiety, depression, loss of sleep, and even physical body pains, all stemming from their worries about the outcome of the election!
And, now that the inauguration has happened, emotions have elevated to a new level.
So, what is energetically going on in your body right now? Is Trump triggering your chakras?
First, the bad news
The triggering of your chakras is creating a cascade of responses within your energy body.
Here’s what’s happening in your energy vortex system, chakra by chakra:
- Root Chakra – Our Survival/Family/Tribe Chakra is being triggered right now. Questions about whether or not we will be provided for come up. Concerns about being able to make ends meet with the new changes making the bend. Will my family and I survive? Will we still have healthcare? Will I get fired from my job? Do I need to find another one? Will I be deported to a country I am no longer a citizen of? This chakra deals with fear. And, fear is strong now. The Root Chakra is feeling shaken. And, when we feel unstable in our Root Chakra, we feel ungrounded. This will emanate into all aspects of our lives.
- Sacral Plexus Chakra – Our Seat of our Emotion/Creative Expression/Sexuality/Abundance Chakra is being triggered right now. Is it safe to show our emotions? To creatively express who we really are on the inside? If you’re a person with female organs, what does that mean when bills are already being signed that will regulate the choices you can make with your body, by people who don’t have an understanding of your biological makeup, much less how it functions?
- Solar Plexus Chakra – Our Power Center is being triggered right now. Whenever there is a power play, and our self-esteem is challenged, this chakra is involved. Does our new president’s behavior trigger past memories of when a childhood bully used you as their new verbal punching bag? Or, made you feel small for being differently abled, different looking, or who simply didn’t understand you? This is where we look at who’s doing the intimidating and who is receiving it. Usually, it says more of the depth of the wounds of the intimidator than it does of the one receiving the abuse.
- Heart Chakra – Our Heart Center, our Chakra of love and compassion, is being triggered right now. As the connector between the Spiritual (upper) Chakras and the Physical (lower) Chakras, the Heart Center also connects us to ourselves and everything and everyone outside of us. Are you feeling challenged to show compassion for others who are unlike you, or who even voted differently than you? How do you step up your love in a time that needs it, and still hold space for your anger, fear, or other emotions? Is it possible to stretch your heart even more? If we get too bitter, it automatically shuts the door on this chakra, preventing us from feeling true, deep, fulfilling love from others, as well as self-love.
- Throat Chakra – Our Communication Chakra is being triggered right now. To be more specific, I am noticing that more people are feeling silenced now. They are feeling like their needs are not being heard, and that they are being shut off from speaking their truth. May be even feeling choked up. Are you feeling like you’ve got something stuck in your throat, literally or figuratively? Are you having trouble expressing yourself and communicating with others easily? Do you feel like your voice is being heard and counted?
- Third Eye Chakra – Our Intuition/Inner Wisdom Chakra is being triggered right now. For those of us who are feeling unbalanced in this chakra as a result of our new political climate, there may be some questioning of our intuition. There may be frontal headaches, or feelings of pressure and stuckness in the area between the brows. For others, it may just feel blocked, and it may be harder to source your intuition, when it may have been easier before. You may be stuck in linear ways of thinking, that doesn’t allow room for seeing past that which is physically in front of you. What do you do now? How can you trust your Inner Wisdom to help you with new strategies for the next 4 years (or less)?
- Crown Chakra – Our Connection to the Divine resides in this Chakra, and is being triggered right now. When this energy center is unbalanced, or blocked, we feel shut off from our Higher Power/Universe/God/dess/Source/Great Spirit. We believe that we are alone, disconnected from others, and certainly not part of the greater whole. Are you feeling despondent and detached from your connectedness with the rest of society? Are you angry at the Universe for what has transpired, feeling like it doesn’t have your back?
Here’s the good news
First of all, the fact that these are being triggered is actually a healthy, good thing!
Why? It means that you are being shaken up, activated, challenged to step up into your power, to speak up and make your voice heard, and to make new steps you may not have considered before, had you not been pushed past your limit. Sure, being pushed past your comfort zone is never fun, but we never really grow unless we venture out past what’s safe.
We also never realize our greatness as much as we do when we stretch ourselves.
We are also given this chance to activate our Inner Warrior (the realm of the Solar Plexus Chakra), and to ignite the fire within us so that we may move forward in ways that are more aligned with who we are meant to become.
And, suffice to say, you are not alone in this activation.
Here’s how to begin making shifts in your energy body towards what you want to manifest in your new reality:
- Root Chakra – It’s time to make changes that create greater stability, security, and groundedness in your life. It may be time to re-evaluate your career or job, review your bills to see which ones you really need to keep, create healthier connection with family (blood or chosen), perhaps relocate to a place you feel safer in. Put your feet on the earth or sand to get more grounded. Eat more root veggies (especially if they’re seasonal and come from the farmers market!) There are great yoga poses that can help you feel more grounded, too (check out my new book for details on that!)
- Sacral Plexus Chakra – Allow yourself to feel your emotions, don’t shut down because you’re overwhelmed. If you are overwhelmed with emotion, connect with a loved one, receive therapy, bodywork, or an energy healing treatment, such as acupuncture or Reiki, to help you integrate and channel your system in healthy ways. Getting in some physical activity will also help to channel your emotions. Kickboxing or martial arts is fun when you’re pissed and need to get it out of your system. Also, get to know your body. If you’ve got lady parts, get familiar with what’s going on down there, so you can be better informed of next choices when there are efforts made to regulate them. Get in touch with juicy ways to creatively express yourself. Make art, make noise, and get familiar with pleasure, in all its forms.
- Solar Plexus Chakra – Heal the memories that are being triggered within you, the ones dealing with power. To be specific, when you’ve felt powerless. Get in touch with those vulnerable parts of yourself that are still oozing and raw from those past experiences, and heal them, so that you are no longer fair game when those with unkind words threaten your existence, even if it may come from government. Strengthen your Inner Warrior. Find where your fire is. Allow it to ignite, so that you become more in touch with your style of inner power, so that it may radiate and strengthen yourself, thus strengthening others around you. Shine your light! And, also practice psychic self-protection.
- Heart Chakra – Self-care is key. Our hearts are naturally loving. It is only through conditioning that we learn to harden and close it, leaving us bitter, unable to receive love, and unable to show compassion (to ourselves and others). Don’t allow another’s closed heart be the cause of yours! You always have a choice. Choose love. Keep in mind that choosing love is not a weak stance, as it takes a very strong person who can manage to still be love when shown the lack thereof. Also, showing love does not necessarily mean giving the person who wants to stab you a hug. It could mean cultivating self-care in such as way that you listen to your heart, and avoid places where you may not be honored, or if you must go to such a place, to cultivate inner strength so that you may strongly radiate.
- Throat Chakra – Speak your truth. You are being challenged to speak up. It’s the kind of challenge where, if you don’t speak up now, not only will no one hear you, but your needs will not be met as a result. That doesn’t necessarily mean getting up on a podium to address a massive audience. It could simply mean doing things that help people know where you stand, such as if you see someone being bullied, beaten, shamed, or ostracized, to call it out or address it in a way that feels right to you, and allows you to stay safe. Or speaking up against inappropriate things happening in your workplace, that make you feel uncomfortable. Baby steps can create big changes.
- Third Eye Chakra – Trust your Intuition. The quickest way to weaken your Third Eye is to keep ignoring what it’s trying to tell you. The quickest way to strengthening it is acting upon the wisdom it gives you, even if it doesn’t totally make sense, at first. Start meditating. Try starting your practice first thing in the morning, after you’ve woken up, gone to the bathroom, and taken a sip of water, allow yourself to sit in stillness for 5 minutes, observing thoughts, and letting them pass through. If you need a little guidance, try a guided meditation (if you already have my guided meditation gift from signing up at my opt-in, then you’re all set!) It doesn’t need to be long, but it will make an impact on helping you hear your intuition that much more clearly, as well as reset your sympathetic nervous system, training it to remember, and easily recollect, what it feels like to be in touch with yourself. Which comes in handy when you’re trying to figure out your new normal!
- Crown Chakra – Meditation greatly helps this chakra (see Third Eye Chakra, above). Cultivate your knowingness that you are connected with all, with Source, with everyone, and that you are not alone. The belief that we are alone can sometimes feel powerful, almost like that’s all there is. Especially, if that’s what you’ve been conditioned to believe. But, the truth is, it’s simply just a powerful illusion. An illusion that can be broken by creating a shift in your mind. A shift that happens simply by deciding that you are no longer alone, or that you are done being alone. By doing so, you awaken your Crown Chakra, and breathe life into it.
Do you feel like your chakras are being triggered with the new presidency?
If so, how are you healing them?
Please share them with me in the comments, below. I’d love to hear!
With much love,
MY FIRST BOOK EVER! – LAUNCH ON VALENTINE’S DAY (PRE-ORDER INFO, BELOW)
My first-ever book, A Beginner’s Guide to Self-Healing Techniques that Balance the Chakras, will be hot off the presses on Valentine’s Day, 2/14/2017, and is already available for pre-order on Amazon here!
In this book, I share some of the knowledge that I’ve only been sharing with my patients in my private practice here in New York City. Meant to be a primer book on chakra healing, chakra newbies can enjoy learning about the chakras in a clear way from a Reiki Master/Teacher who’s been practicing Reiki for 12 years, and those with advanced knowledge can use this book as a refresher or reference.
I am incredibly grateful that I get to share this book with you! It has truly been a work of love. <3
Goddess eCourse will be launching soon!
I am in the mode of creating a true labor of love. My eCourse, “Free Your Inner Goddess: Energy Warrior Training” is set to launch soon!
It’ll be chock full of goodies – from video presentations, writing exercises, PDF’s, to great bonuses, live support calls, and MORE. All set to help you get connected with your chakras, discover what patterns you may be holding onto and how to start releasing them.
I’ll also be including techniques to help you start honing your energy, building your inner strength, clearing your energy field, and calling in protection as you grow.
What does that mean for you? A more connected, fierce you, ready to move forward in all aspects of your life, love, and career, with more ease, grace, and trust in what unfolds in your world.
Want to be first to know when it launches? Sign up here.
Copyright © 2017 by Alcantara Acupuncture & Healing Arts. All rights reserved. You may quote, copy, translate and link to this article, in its entirety, on free, non-donation based websites only, as long as you include the author name and a working link back to this website. All other uses are strictly prohibited.
All information on this website is my own opinion, and not to be taken as medical advice. Reliance on any information provided on this website is solely at your own risk. Please refer to your medical practitioner before making any medical decisions.