July 9, 2013 | Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Healthy Living, Reiki | 2 Comments
“Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it.
Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality.
It can be no other way.
This is not philosophy.
This is physics.”
– Albert Einstein
When I first read this quote, earlier today, it was like the universe had handed me inspiration on a silver platter, and it assuaged my concerns on many levels.
Many folks resonate to the fact that everything – our bodies, our spirits, our relationships, our work, our art, our words, our intentions, animals, trees, plants, water, the tiniest molecule within your body, and the soil in the earth – is energy. Qi/Ki. Yet, there are many others who find the statement that everything is energy as “new age mumbo jumbo”. They want energy scientifically quantified, packaged into a neat box with a bow ready for mass consumption ala Walmart special. Thing is, energy has been scientifically quantified! Electronic body scans of those who receive energy healing before and after treatment have been measured and photographed, and the speed of light has it’s own formula! And energy travels just as quickly, and through any substance (even steel.) So, I just continue to do my work, standing in the integrity of my Goddess Consciousness, and wait for those naysayers to experience it for themselves.
We get so caught up in the illusions of our lives, that sometimes we are convinced that this is it – our bodies, our troubles, our financial dilemmas, our breakups or relationship woes, our physical challenges, our mental blocks. We live in illusion, but we don’t need to believe it. We create our own realities, and our own wellness!
When you doubt your impact in this world, remember these 5 things:
- Don’t believe the hype. You are NOT your illness. You are NOT your pain. Shift the mindset. Sit with the intensity of it all, and try to find the opportunity within this pain, what it’s trying to teach you. Ask your body. Even better, ask your heart. The answers it gives always comes from your Higher Self, and it never lies. So, take a deep breath, and ask.
- You are energy. Energy can change things, energy can shift things. Your focus and what you concentrate on grows bigger. Use that understanding to create a life that makes you feel vital, alive, joyful. Here. Present. Imagine that your ancestors’ blood flows through your veins, and that the wisdom and knowledge in your blood has been passed down to you (yes, the good and the devious), which has created a unique life path that only you can offer to this world. And, then imagine that you choose to honor the light and gifts your ancestry brings you, and that you are actively transforming and releasing the pain and struggle that may have been handed down as well. Because it is true. Your intention makes it so, because it is simply energy.
- You are enough. When you work so hard against deadlines, to micromanage your life, to prove to others that you excel, what are you trying to prove? Sometimes we are our own worst critics. We get into this false headspace that if we just complete that additional task, go the extra mile on your project, even make ourselves smaller so others can feel larger, we can prove to others that we mean something. Sure, it’s important to reach deadlines once and a while, but when we are so obsessed by our tasks and checklists, where does that leave room to be? I have seen many patients who burn their candle at both ends. I can feel it in their pulse (usually in their Kidney and Spleen pulses, but pulses can take on a myriad of organ combos) and see it in their tongue (their yin has been burned out from doing too much work.) I can feel it in their chakras (energy centers), so even while patients are telling me their story, their chakras are telling me their own, and sometimes I am sending healing energy to the chakras in need of support during verbal chats with patients. Often, their Heart Chakra is so overwhelmed, wanting so badly to connect with themselves (and others), yet they may feel blocked because they’ve been in work-only mode for so long. So, show yourself some compassion. Realize that you are enough. Without the bells and whistles, degrees, big salary, material goods, highest fashion. You can wear a burlap sack and make a monumentous impact on this world!
- There is enough abundance, love, wealth, and joy for everybody. We live in an abundant universe. I learned from Jennifer Hoffman, intuitive, author, channel, and spiritual teacher, that the opposite of abundance is not the lack of abundance. It is the abundance of lack. Pretty profound, huh? I remember when I heard that for the first time, it blew my mind! So, stop being jealous of someone else’s abundance, because there is enough for you to own, and then some! Concentrate on your own fabulosity, because the universe recognizes when you practice gratefulness. It is a signal to give you more of the good stuff you want.
- You are not alone, and stop comparing yourself to others. I combined these together, because it’s like these two mindsets travel in pairs! We compare ourselves to others, we feel lack (or abundance of lack), we feel like absolutely no one can fathom what we are going through, and we feel alone. Remember that people only show you what they want to show the rest of the world. Stop comparing your outtakes to everyone’s highlight reel!
And, always remember, that not everyone will tell you that you’ve changed their life in some way. Maybe it’s because your transaction on the street with them was so brief, they couldn’t tell you. Or perhaps they were too shy or didn’t realize the impact of the interaction with you until they got home. Or perhaps they were too young at the time to formulate words of gratitude. But, believe you me! Something that may have seemed small or irrelevant to you, made a big impact on someone somewhere in this world.
I remember when I was doing acupuncture clinics as part of my work with Acupuncturists Without Borders after Hurricane Sandy, sometimes people were very quiet during their treatments. For a moment, I wondered if my work was helpful in alleviating challenging symptoms of the participants who came in for treatment. It was only after they had left, when I read their feedback forms, they revealed that, even with their intense sadness over losing what they had, whether it be belongings, their house, a loved one, or heat (it was absolutely freezing after Sandy hit), those treatments were the first time they felt peace enough to take a nap since it happened. So, my initial thought that I wasn’t making a difference was an illusion I had created in my head!
You are a positive force in this world.
When have you felt that to be true?
Your impact is breathtaking,
Copyright © 2013 by Alcantara Acupuncture & Healing Arts. All rights reserved. You may quote, copy, translate and link to this article, in its entirety, on free, non-donation based websites only, as long as you include the author name and a working link back to this website. All other uses are strictly prohibited.