My name is Margarita Alcantara. And, I AM:
- Activator of the New Code of Power in others, and Mother Gaia
- A door opener to the Source of True Power to clear artificial power and unify Earth into Light
- A Sirian/Blue Avian/Lyran/Martian Starseed on mission to awaken humanity and elevate the consciousness of the planet
Margarita Alcantara is Activator of the New Code of Power, activating the power codes in others, as well as portals of power on Mother Earth. She does this by opening the door to the source of true Power, to clear artificial power and unify Earth into Light. She is a Mouthpiece for the Goddess Consciousness, an embodiment of Mother Gaia, Conduit Between the Star Nation and Mother Gaia, and Chakra Expert. Her worldwide Global Activation Experiences create personal and planetary transformation. As a Licensed Acupuncturist, Reiki Master/Teacher, and Medicine Woman, she helps her patients awaken into their spiritual badassery at her private practice in NYC. Her weekly Monday Facebook live event, the Mother Gaia Power Portal, channels powerful healing. She is a #1 Bestselling Author, contributing writer to The Huffington Post, mindbodygreen, and Elephant Journal. Her book, Chakra Healing, was published by Althea Press.
If you’re ready to claim and activate your Sacred Power, so you can live life on purpose and heal the Earth, I’m your guide on your journey.
Establishing a great connection with you is tantamount. I listen attentively and give your needs thorough attention to the full spectrum of your healing needs. I then develop a wellness plan tailored specifically to you.
In addition to Acupuncture and Reiki, I have a rich knowledge base of multiple adjunctive Acupuncture therapies and wellness disciplines, as well as MedicineWay Practices, which are integrated into your treatment as needed. If necessary, I will also work in conjunction with primary care physicians or specialists in treating any particular condition you may have.
And, because physical healing is connected to spiritual and emotional healing, I provide guidance as your treatment activates the release of physical, spiritual, emotional, and other blockages.
- Medicine Woman/Shamanic Practitioner, initiated in the Mayan/Toltec tradition
- Licensed Acupuncturist in the states of NY, NJ, and CT
- Masters of Science in Acupuncture (M.S.Ac.), Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
- Comprehensive studies in Acupuncture, oriental medicine theory, anatomy and physiology, nutrition, and Western diseases
- Clinical training, Pacific College Acupuncture Clinic and Grand Meridian Community Clinic
- Diplomate in Acupuncture, National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
- Certification in Clean Needle Technique, Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM)
- Certified Reiki Master/Teacher, White Light Reiki, and Karuna Reiki Master
- Completed 31 hours of training in Essential Oil Therapy based on Chinese Medicine and Chakra Healing
- Member, Acupuncturists Without Borders
In the Community
I am a contributing writer to The Huffington Post, and popular wellness and mindfulness websites, mindbodygreen and Elephant Journal. In addition, my blog posts and email newsletters/love notes provide subscribers with free inspiration to owning their power with grace and ease.
I’ve volunteered my services at Wellness Days for The Audre Lorde Project’s 3rd Space Support Program’s Health and Wellness Collective, a group of professional healers who provide health care for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Two-Spirit, Trans, Gender Non Conforming people of color, HIV+, low income (im)migrant and/or people living with a disability. I also worked at St. Ann’s Corner of Harm Reduction (SACHR) in the Bronx, where I performed auricular/ear (NADA) and full-body Acupuncture on populations recovering from addiction and homelessness, and was part of the team at Ariele’s Apothecary, a wellness center in Hoboken, NJ. I am trained by Acupuncturists Without Borders to create on-site Acupuncture clinics for disaster centers. During Hurricane Sandy, I helped set up Acupuncture clinics in the New York metro area.
I was initially drawn to Acupuncture, Reiki, and MedicineWay through my general interest in medicine and the healing of my own health issues, particularly that of emotional rebalancing. Having a Western doctor as a father, I quickly became familiar with the strengths of Western medicine, and developed an interest in how Eastern and Western modalities could work together to create wellness.
I am classically trained in opera, ballet, and Filipino Weapon Fighting, with a background in community organizing, writing, and performance art. I was also a 10-year Editrix of self-published magazine, Bamboo Girl Zine. Because of this, I am uniquely aware of the needs of those seeking to empower themselves in creative ways. I am uniquely qualified to offer not only my knowledge of Acupuncture, Reiki, and Traditional Shamanic Healing, but also a compassionate alliance with those who are ready, and open, to transform into the radiant beings they know they are.
I enjoy maintaining my personal health through Reiki, Acupuncture, MedicineWay practices, interval training, martial arts, meditation, cultivating mindfulness, healthy and organic foods, herbs and infusions, writing, laughter, and connection with loved ones. Prior to my graduate studies, I received my Bachelor of Arts with an emphasis in Communications from New York University’s Gallatin School of Individualized Study.