“Do you have any good books you can recommend if I’d like to learn more about Acupuncture?”
“What are some good books on Reiki?”
“Is there anything I can read to learn how to develop my intuition?”
These are questions I am often asked by my patients. And, it’s usually following an Acupuncture or Reiki treatment, when they’re feeling the benefits, and want to understand how the modalities they’d just experienced work. It’s such a fabulous thing when they want to learn more!
So, without further adieu, here are my top 8 book on Acupuncture, Reiki, and intuition for newbies:
- The Web That Has No Weaver: Understanding Chinese Medicine by Ted Kaptchuk
An excellent book on the basics of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, including talking about the organs. This was one of the books I was required to read when first starting Acupuncture school.
- Between Heaven & Earth: A Guide To Chinese Medicine by Harriet Beinfield and Efram Korngold
This is another good resource on basics of Chinese Medicine, and delves more into the theory and background.
- Healing With Whole Foods: Asian Traditions and Modern Nutrition
This was a book I read in Acupuncture school for our Eastern Nutrition class, and I continue to reference it to this day. Chock full of healing the body with whole foods, with reference to Chinese Medicine.
- The Spirit of Reiki: The Complete Handbook of the Reiki System by Walter Lubeck, Frank Arjava Petter, William Lee Rand
A comprehensive book covering Reiki history and knowledge by three world-reknowned Reiki Masters.
- Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Caroline Myss
Myss goes through the body’s seven centers of spiritual and physical power, combines the ancient wisdom of three spiritual traditions, and talks of the seven stages of growth everyone must go through for spiritual maturity.
- Hands of Light: A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field by Barbara Ann Brennan
I like this book because it’s a good resource on energy healing, getting familiar with our energy fields, and how to apply it to the self (even though it’s more of a resource for energy healers). Lots of great illustrations.
- Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living by Sonia Choquette
Back in the day, this was one of the first books I read to learn about trusting my intuition. Accessible reading and effective! The link is for the older, more known, version of this book, which is what I’m familiar with, and can speak about. However, I’m sure the newest edition is great, too!
- Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life by Shakti Gawain
Want some step by step exercises to develop your intuition, in a clear and practical way? This book should do the trick!
The above is only a sampling of what’s out there. There are so many more!
Do you have a favorite book on Acupuncture, Reiki, or intuition, that is not in the above list?
If so, please share it with us in the comments, below!
Copyright © 2015 by Alcantara Acupuncture & Healing Arts. All rights reserved. You may quote, copy, translate and link to this article, in its entirety, on free, non-donation based websites only, as long as you include the author name and a working link back to this website. All other uses are strictly prohibited.