Top 5 Ways To Quickly And Easily Clear Your Personal Energy
What is your personal energy?
Your personal energy is your Etheric Body, and takes the same shape of your Physical Body, extending outwards from it. The first auric layer of the Etheric Body extends about one foot from the Physical Body. The second layer extends past the Physical Body at about three or more feet from the Physical Body. The Etheric Body gives vitality, health, life, and organization to the Physical Body. Before dis-ease shows up in the physical, it manifests in the energy of our being.
This is precisely the reason I always say:
“Heal the dis-ease in the Energy Body, and you prevent dis-ease in the Physical Body.” (Click To Tweet)
This is why so much of my work in prevention, healing, and wellness focuses on healing that which we cannot see – our Energy Body – all that juiciness that makes up our feelings, vibrations, highest connection to our Inner Divine, others, all of Creation, and Source. Focusing on our Energy Body is the ultimate in prevention, in my book!
In my previous blog post, “How To Protect Yourself From Psychic Vampires In The Concrete Jungle“, I mention ways to protect yourself from bad juju or negative energy/people.
In this post, I explore some techniques to help you rid yourself of it.
Why would you want to rid yourself of bad juju?:
- If you don’t, carrying others’ energy around with you can cloud the clarity of your own voice and strength, make you feel “cluttered”, and you will operate from feelings that don’t belong to you. It’s like walking around as a human radio station, without being able to tune into a single station.
- You will otherwise tire more easily, and may feel more susceptible to fear-based emotions.
- Bad juju blocks your chakras, creating dis-ease on energetic, emotional, and physical levels.
- It otherwise makes us susceptible to receiving additional energies that don’t belong to us, which can “overload” our senses. You can liken this to being overwhelmed with 12 different schedules, and 11 of them aren’t even yours!
- I have seen, first hand, how they can clog up the Body, Mind, and Spirit. So much so, that depression, anxiety, fatigue, and even suicidal tendencies can manifest.
What are some of the ways we can tell if we’ve absorbed negative energy?
- We are irritable and deeply angry, even though we have no physical, biological, or reasonable cause to be.
- Our bodies just don’t feel well. This can show up for some as body aches and pains that are not caused by physical trauma, or fatigue that does not have a physical cause. However, it’s also important to note that sometimes we hold pain in a certain area of our body when we onto negative emotions and thought patterns, as well.
- We react in ways that are unlike us, particularly in a negative way.
- It is hard for us to be in our joy, even though we may have reason to be joyful.
- If it’s been for a long time, we turn the anger inward, which turns into depression and disconnection from the heart.
How can we release and clear ourselves of negative energy? Here are my top 5 ways to quickly and easily clear your personal energy:
- Smudge yourself with White Sage. Native Americans use this sacred herb to cleanse and purify themselves and during ritual, among other herbs. It is wonderful for house clearings (check out my article, “How To Clear The Energy In Your Living Space“, to learn more). It’s like the general all-purpose quicker picker-upper for the Spirit. Just like you’d sage/smudge your living space, so too, is it necessary to smudge yourself to clear out energy that doesn’t belong to you. After lighting a White Sage wand on one end, or burning White Sage leaves in an abalone shell or otherwise flame-resistant container, waft the smoke with your hands over your limbs, and over your entire body, down your midline, and from head to toe. As you do so, say, “I bless my arms, I bless my neck, I bless my chest, etc.” You can also generally say, while wafting the smoke onto you, “I clear myself of all energy that doesn’t belong to me.” Make sure to clear the back of your body, as well. It’s helpful to sage yourself after an argument, so that the angry energy may dissipate more quickly. It can also be used to clear crystals and stones of other peoples’ energy before using them. You can also carry essential oil of sacred white sage with you for “touch ups”, but smudging covers more ground. To get the full details on how to cleanse your energy with White Sage, check out my post, “Why Smudging Your Body With White Sage Is A Must For Every Highly Sensitive Warrior (A Guide To Smudging)“.
- If you’ve picked up some something extra potent, use Palo Santo. Palo Santo comes in small rectangular sticks, and comes from a tree that is related to frankincense, myrrh, and copal. The name actually translates into “Holy Wood”. It sometimes take a while to light, so it’s helpful to use a candle while lighting them. I absolutely LOVE the smell of Palo Santo! This sacred wood is helpful when it comes to dispelling darker energy in your person. You will notice this most when wafting the smoke of Palo Santo over your Heart Chakra.
- Take an epsom salt bath. Not only does it feel comforting and luxurious, soothe your muscles and fatigue, and halt an oncoming cold; but, epsom salt baths detoxify the Body, Mind, and Spirit. And, for the purposes of this post, it clears the aura. To obtain optimal bath detoxification, combine 1 cup baking soda (the Arm & Hammer kind works well) with at least 1 cup of epsom salt. If you want to really clear yourself, make it up to 3 cups of epsom salt. Add essential oils for promoting energy clearing, such as frankincense, sandalwood, or pine (about 5 drops each). Combine the epsom salt, baking soda, and essential oils, and dump it into your warm bath. Enjoy for 20-30 minutes. To get the most relaxation out of it, dim the lights, light a few candles, turn off your phone, and listen to some tunes that are conducive to you releasing your day. To get the lowdown on how to get a full epsom salt bath experience, check out my post, “Why Epsom Salt Baths Are The Highly Sensitive Person’s BFF“.
- Ask for powerful help. Some people think that angels are only associated with specific religions. In actuality, angels are powerful non-denominational allies that serve to protect us, especially when we ask for their help. Each of us has a couple of angels that protect us. If you suspect that you have picked up energy that isn’t yours, and it’s starting to affect your daily life in negative ways, call on your angels to protect you. You can actually call them to surround you in a circle (either facing in, or facing out, your choice) to protect you when you are feeling vulnerable. You can do this no matter where you are, or if you’re lying, sitting, or standing. You can also ask Archangel Michael to remove all energy from your aura that does not belong to you. In addition, you can ask him to cut all psychic ties in the past 7 days/weeks/months/years (you can use any number or time frame you prefer). What this does is sever all ties during that time period. This does not disconnect you from being connected to those you love, as your intention is understood. You will feel an immediate relief afterwards.
- Get a Reiki, Acupuncture, or other energy healing treatment. Reiki is my number one healing treatment recommendation when it comes to expelling negative juju, since it goes through each chakra, or energy center, to clear all energetic debris in that area. It also beams light into all areas of your being, thus clearing our negative energy (or making it extremely uncomfortable for those energies that are not of light to coexist). Sometimes, if something is old, or resistant, more than one session may be needed. Many people don’t realize this, but there are Acupuncture points to help clear energy that doesn’t belong to you. They’re called “Ghost Points”. They are used for when people are suffering from mental disorders, such as schizophrenia, mania, and fright. In ancient texts, these points dealt with possession, hence the name. I’ve used them on patients dealing with addictions, since that has its own kind of possession, so to speak. But, many types of energy healing work can address clearing your energy in powerful ways.
Do you have a favorite way of clearing your energy, that I haven’t mentioned, above?
If so, what is it? I’d love to hear about it in the comments, below!
Copyright © 2015 by Alcantara Acupuncture & Healing Arts. All rights reserved. You may quote, copy, translate and link to this article, in its entirety, on free, non-donation based websites only, as long as you include the author name and a working link back to this website. All other uses are strictly prohibited.
All information on this website is my own opinion, and not to be taken as medical advice. Reliance on any information provided on this website is solely at your own risk. Please refer to your medical practitioner before making any medical decisions.
Zoe CamposApril 26, 2021
The part where you mentioned that carrying the energy of other people can cloud my own voice greatly resonated with me. I’ve been surrounded by negative people and they heavily affected the way I view life. It might be a good idea to undergo an energy healing session to cleanse my own and be separated from them.