Once and a while, I get the question from my patients, “How do I raise my vibration?”
When they ask me that, it’s usually because of one of two things – because they feel, on some level, that their vibrations could be higher or could use some lifting; or, because they feel stuck in patterns, want to change them, and know that a shift in their energy would be helpful towards that end.
The reason why I know that is because there have been many times in my past, where I was asking the same question.
Why Is It Important To Raise Your Vibration?
I used to resist the phrase “raising your vibration”, as well as the practice of meditation. Back in the day, I was under the impression that these two things were associated with hippy dippy types who didn’t bathe or practice hygiene. Yes, I have thankfully grown since then!
Working with our vibration, what our energy body resonates at, is rather practical, really. As Albert Einstein once said:
“Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.”
Not only is that a 411 from Einstein about how to manifest anything in your life, but it validates what many of us know: there is more to us, and reality, than just the physical world.
Vibration is the frequency that our energy body resonates at. Whether or not someone is an empath, people can feel others’ vibrations on subtle levels. That vibration is the thing that draws us to other people, or repels us from them. The higher our vibration, the more in touch we are to our Higher Self.
When we operate at a denser vibration:
- We feel, and emulate anger, hatred, rage, and jealousy, among other emotions. Mind you, being human means that we all feels these things at one point or another, and we work through them. But, I’m talking about when this becomes a predominant way of living life. Being at a denser vibration constricts your energy, and obstructs flow on many levels.
- On a physical level, when we are operating at a denser vibration, it is easier for us to feel tired and exhausted, even if we are otherwise taking care of our bodies. Because these kind of constricting emotions make us shallow breathers, we drastically reduce easy flow of oxygen and blood to the body, resulting in achy, and/or tight, muscles. And, when blood flow is constricted, that also limits the nourishment to other parts of our system: digestive, hormonal, adrenal, etc.
- Energetically, it has a similar effect. When we are at a denser vibration, our energy constricts, chakras may become clouded, and our aura becomes depleted.
- Our aura is an electromagnetic field of energy that extends all around our body for about 4-5 feet. It radiates the health of our physical, mental, emotional, as well as spiritual energies, often includes various colors, and has been scientifically measured. Some individuals can see this, especially if one of their gifts is the gift of taking in intuition through seeing, otherwise known as clairvoyance.
- In addition, when we are at a denser vibration, we attract others who resonate at that same level of vibration. Like attracting like.
When we operate at our higher vibrations:
- We feel, and emulate love, joy, hope, and peace. Again, being human, we may feel these emotions at various points in our lives. The emphasis here is on being able to live from a place of higher vibration in a way that works for our highest good. Being able to own our higher vibrational selves is always a work in progress, and something that gets cultivated to become more of the norm rather than the exception in our lives.
- Physically, our bodies respond to higher vibration with increased blood flow to tissues, muscles, and organs. Oxygen is carried in our blood, to our various systems, nourishing them more optimally.
- Energetically, the epitome of our highest vibration, love, is what we ideally operate from. And, because we radiate love at our higher vibrations, we attract love. Our aura is healthy, and we acknowledge that we are joy and in joy.
I can feel you perfectionists out there already putting pressure on yourselves to be at a high vibration all the time. Not necessary! This is about self-cultivation in the long run, not a contest. We all have our ebbs and flows, and it is important to be gentle with ourselves as we journey towards being closer to our high-vibrational selves.
How Do I Raise My Vibration?
Now that you know that your vibration has a direct correlation to how you physically and energetically feel (as well as spiritually and emotionally), here are 7 Easy Ways To Raise Your Vibration:
- Practice gratefulness. Practicing gratefulness is so helpful on so many levels, from manifestation work, to helping you manage yourself out of a depressive slump. Which is why I’ve mentioned it as a tip in past blog posts. Here, practicing gratefulness raises your vibes simply because when you acknowledge the blessings you do have, the Uni-verse responds in kind with more blessings. This practice of gratefulness also makes you realize that despite wherever you’re at in life, you are able to continue accomplishing positive things in your life, on many levels. And sometimes our heart just needs that acknowledgement!
- Drink clean water. This was one of the pointers from one of my teachers, Sonia Choquette. Although I don’t know her personally, her teachings have been instrumental to me opening up into trusting my intuition more greatly. When she mentioned this as one way to raise your vibrations, I thought, “But, that’s too easy!” There I go again thinking that everything has to be hard in order to be purposeful. Not so! I will go further here and recommend that you not only drink clean water, but to drink clean water that has gone through filtration to remove fluoride. Fluoride is a known carcinogen that is rampantly supplied in our water system. It also calcifies the pineal gland, which is instrumental in the health of our Third Eye. Government conspiracy theory, anyone? So, get thee to a water filtration system that removes fluoride from your personal water supply! There are many out there that are good, but I recommend the Berkey water purification system, which I personally love using! Make sure you get the fluoride filter along with your kit. It’s an investment, and totally worth it! It happens to remove parasites and bacteria, and can be used with tap water, or water from more challenging areas such as wells, rivers, and lakes. It can be used where there’s no electricity, too. And it tastes delicious! My purchase was inspired after I took my trip to the Adirondacks, where even the tap water was delicious and pure. Then I came back to my Brita filtered water in New York City, which tasted like sludge in comparison. Never looked back since.
- Laugh. When you laugh, you are expressing some form of joy, which is the emotion of the Heart in Chinese Medicine. It increases oxygen flow to the Lungs, which helps us dispel grief, the emotion of the Lungs in Chinese Medicine. I love this quote from Victor Hugo, “Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.” Get in touch with the sun of your Heart and Lungs through laughter! Cultivate your joy.
- Singing and sound healing. Sound can be healing. You don’t have to be a vocal diva to take advantage of the power of the Throat Chakra. All you need is the intention to release from within, even if you are off key! When you sing from the heart, you also massage the Heart Chakra. In addition, the resonance of certain notes have been known to resonate with certain parts of our energy system. In fact, the solfeggio harmonic frequencies runs through the different chakras, healing each chakra, and heals DNA. For instance, 532 hz resonates with the Heart Chakra, and elevates that chakra’s frequencies. Many videos of these solfeggio frequencies can be found on YouTube, and iTunes carries works by different artists that explore this harmonic. I have found some great music through these venues. And, you can get binaural beats for solfeggio harmonics through The Unexplainable Store.
- Dream. When we dream of possibilities and things that may be, we allow ourselves to be open to possibilities. This allows the child in us to play, and helps us manifest what we want in life more easily. What possibilities open up for you when you dream?
- Visit Mother Nature. Being in nature is a very effective way to ground oneself, and is helpful when you want to gain the greater perspective when you’ve been in your head for way too long. Many years ago, when I had visited Salt Lake City, Utah, and sat in front of Sugarloaf Mountain, I found it very hard to stay stuck in the grief I was experiencing at the time. When you view the majesty of nature, the awesomeness of it puts things into perspective really quick!
- Receive a Reiki treatment or attunement. When you receive a Reiki treatment, you are clearing out the energetic debris in your energy centers, or chakras. It grounds your energy, and gets you more re-centered to self and your true being. Patients often say it’s very relaxing, while others actually feel more energized from it. It depends what you need at that moment, and your body, the true healer, is the one who takes as much or as little that you need of Universal Energy that myself, as the Reiki practitioner, would channel for your greatest good. When you receive a Reiki attunement, you go through the levels of learning how to be a Reiki practitioner, and receive a Reiki attunement at each level. This allows you to empower the sacred symbols used in Reiki to treat people during a Reiki session. Although receiving a Reiki treatment or attunement are two entirely different things, both of them raise your vibration by clearing out old energy from your chakras.
What are you experiences in raising your vibrations? Is there anything not on the list that I forgot to mention?
Let me know in the comments, below!
Copyright © 2015 by Alcantara Acupuncture & Healing Arts. All rights reserved. You may quote, copy, translate and link to this article, in its entirety, on free, non-donation based websites only, as long as you include the author name and a working link back to this website. All other uses are strictly prohibited.
All information on this website is my own opinion, and not to be taken as medical advice. Reliance on any information provided on this website is solely at your own risk. Please refer to your medical practitioner before making any medical decisions.